Your host will want to serve the dinner hot and arriving late might delay the meal. As a general rule, you should try to arrive within 15 minutes of the requested start time. Do not show up too early. Your host may still be getting ready and it is a nuisance if someone shows up ahead of schedule.
- If you arrive early walk around the block a few times or read in your car until the scheduled arrival time.
- If you are going to be tardy, text or call the host in advance and tell them your estimated arrival time. If you are going to be over an hour late, tell the host to begin the evening without you and apologize.
- Be clear about your arrival and departure dates.
- Bring a gift. iStock/poplasen. …
- Ask about house rules.
- Conserve towels and linens.
- Always offer to help.
- Bring your own toiletries.
- Respect common areas. …
- Keep the guest room tidy.
There’s an unspoken understanding that takes place the moment you accept an invitation to someone’s house for dinner……Cambria Bold
We entertain a lot. For us, it’s the best way to combine two things that we love to do……Jenny
I host a lot more dinner parties than I attend, so it’s always a refreshing pleasure when I’m a guest at someone’s house for dinner. ……KATIEHSWEENEY
Being a good guest starts before you arrive. Reply to any invitation as promptly as you can ……Annalisa Barbieri
When invited to dinner, you are absolutely at liberty to accept or decline the invitation. ……David Thomas
“The Dinner Party.” It’s one of Seinfeld’s more classic episodes, from a television series in which nearly every show was an instant classic.……KATHARINE SHILCUTT
You’ve been invited to a fancy dinner party and you know that you better not show up empty handed.……Zoé Gowen
A gift for your host or hostess is a lovely way to thank them for their hospitality and is always appreciated.……Watch Video